2. Types of Personal Information Collected by CollegeBol.com
“Personal information” (PI) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including common identifiers such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person and any other information that is so categorized by applicable laws. We collect information about you and/or your usage to provide better services and offerings. The Personal Information that we collect, and how we collect it, depends on how you interact with us. We collect the following categories of Personal Information in the following ways:
– When You Sign Up for Alerts on the Platform:We collect your name, email address, password, country, city, contact number, and the company/organization that you are associated with when you sign up for alerts on the Platform.
– When You Register on the Platform: We collect information that you would usually include in a resume, including your name, contact details (including email address and mobile number), work experience, educational qualifications, data relating to your current and past remuneration or salary, and a copy of your resume when you register on the Platform.
– Information About the Services You Use: We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, including log information and location information, when you are a user of the services through the Platform.
– Through Surveys and Forms: We may collect your Personal Information such as name, age, contact details, preferences, etc., through surveys and forms when you choose to participate in these surveys, etc.
– Caste and Affirmative Action Information: We may also collect information relating to your caste and information about whether you are eligible for any affirmative action programs or policies if you opt to provide such information.
– Recording and Monitoring: To the extent permitted by law, CollegeBol.com may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
3. How CollegeBol.com May Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal data in a fair and reasonable manner and where we have a lawful reason to do so. Our use of your personal data depends on the purpose for which you interact with us. We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
– Providing Our Services and Products: This includes sending you job alerts, calendar alerts, relevant search results, recommended jobs and/or candidates, and other social media communication facilities.
– Protecting Our Users and Providing Customer Support: We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
– Improving the Platform: We use Personal Information to improve the Platform and its content to provide better features and services.
– Market Research and Surveys: We may conduct market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
– Marketing and Promotions: Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
– Identity Verification and Legal Proceedings: To the extent required for identity verification, government sanctions screening, and due diligence checks, as well as establishing, exercising, or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our web pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Platform.
5. Legal Grounds for Collection and Processing of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is collected and processed by CollegeBol.com based on the following legal grounds depending upon the nature of Personal Information and the purposes for which it is processed.
– Consent: CollegeBol.com relies on your consent in order to process your Personal Information in certain situations. If CollegeBol.com requires your consent to collect and process certain Personal Information, your consent is sought at the time of collection of your Personal Information, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured.
– Compliance with a Legal Obligation: Your Personal Information may be processed by CollegeBol.com to the extent that such processing is necessary to allow CollegeBol.com to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be if CollegeBol.com is required to disclose your Personal Information to respond to a court order or if CollegeBol.com is required to retain specific records for a fixed period to comply with requirements under any applicable law.
6. Information Sharing and Disclosure
CollegeBol.com does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people (save with your consent) or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
– We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with CollegeBol.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your Personal Information to help CollegeBol.com communicate with you about offers from CollegeBol.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
– CollegeBol.com may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
7. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. We endeavor to protect user information to ensure that your information is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
The Platform has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
8. Data Retention
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of such changes. You should periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
10. Contact Us
607, 6th Floor, Aditya Building, Near Mithakhali Six Road, Ahmedabad – 380006